This notice set out certain information which we are required to provide you about your personal data.
Our Privacy Notice
Who are we?
We are The Test Centre I Nothing But MOTs.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we use includes:
- Identity and contact data.
- Financial and transaction data.
- Technical data – mainly by automated means including your internet address, data for logging in, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, data on the operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website].
- Profile data – including your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, interests, preferences, and information inputted by you.
- Usage data – including information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and communications data – including [your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences].
How we collect your data
The data we obtain about you will have been received from you, via automated means or interactions, and from third parties, analytics providers, financial and transaction services providers, and delivery service providers.
How we use your personal data
The purposes for which we use personal data include:
- Registering you as a customer.
- Supplying or arranging the supply of goods or services.
- Manage your relationship with us and third parties who supply services to you.
- [enable you to participate in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey.]
- Improve our website, services, marketing or customer relationships.
- Recommend products or services which may be of interest to you.
- Carry out any other purpose made known at the time your personal data is collected.
How we share your personal data
We would never pass on or sell your data to third parties.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you may ask us for access to, rectification or erasure of personal data, a restriction of data processing about you, and to stop processing anything where you have an objection.
- You may also be entitled to take data with you (data portability) in some circumstances.
- You may complain about data protection matters to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
What’s our legal basis for collecting the information?
The bases we use for processing personal data will include:
- Serving our legitimate interests.
- Performing any contract with you or exploring a potential contract.
- Complying with legal obligations, which normally means disclosing data where we have to do so by law.
- Where we rely on consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
Our legitimate interests include conducting and managing our business, including marketing and direct marketing to our customers (subject to any right to unsubscribe), to enable us to supply you with services. We consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. You can obtain further information by contacting us.
For how long do we keep personal data?
We keep personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, and to satisfy any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. If there is complaint or dispute or it appears there may be, we may extend that period if there is or is likely to be a complaint or dispute.
We consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the data, the risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the purposes, the alternatives, and any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other considerations when deciding how long to keep things.
Without affecting the above, we retain data relevant to your use of the services for the duration of your registration as part of the service to enhance our service and your experience.
Do we send your information outside the EEA which, including the continuing EU and the UK in the event of the UK’s withdrawal from the EU?
Personal data is stored on servers located within the EEA and is not transferred to any countries outside the EEA
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased [goods or services] from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.